Serac Hammock Review: Sequoia XL Wide
Top quality and finest craftsmanship in a premium camping hammock
Do you worry that you will not be comfortable sleeping in an hammock? Are you looking for a hammock that you can setup easily and quickly? Serac Sequoia promises the WORLD’S MOST COMFORTABLE HAMMOCK which anyone can GET SETUP IN SECONDS! If you’ve been looking for a Serac Hammock Review to confirm these claims, this is it.
We put this thing to the test and it is glorious.
- Strong and durable material
- Very spacious, comfortably sleeps two people
- Free tree straps with 10 anchor points
- Attached Compression Sack
- Excellent customer service
We Don’t Like
- Straps could be longer
- Not waterproof
The Serac Sequoia XL Wide Camping Hammock is bigger and badder than the competition! This hammock is amazingly spacious, durable but lightweight and includes everything you need to start relaxing straightaway. The Serac Sequoia is perfect for backpacking, camping or hiking whether you are at the beach or travelling through a forest or jungle.
Dimensions: 10ft long, 5.7ft wide
Strength: Recommended Maximum Load: 500 lbs
Suspension System: No-stretch 6ft Suspension Tree Straps x2, Ultralight Aluminum Carabiners x2
Weight: 1.6 lbs with straps
Serac Hammock Review: Deep Dive
Serac Hammocks was founded with a simple goal – create the best products that’ll get people exploring the natural world. Find some trees, strap up, clip on and start enjoying the outdoors at your own pace.
Created by Wilson and Jeff, two lifelong friends with a serious passion for being outside, their goal is to make excellent gear that you will love using. Serac was founded with the dream of sharing a convenient, affordable, and tree friendly way of exploring the natural world. By providing a simple method of shelter, they aim to spread their passion for the outdoors to seasoned travelers and tentative newcomers alike.
Serac Sequoia is designed to give you the world’s most comfortable camping hammock. Using ultrasoft breathable nylon fortified with Diamondweave ripstop for added strength, the Sequoia is both rugged and amazingly relaxing to sleep in. Committed to not damaging the Great Outdoors, Serac operate a no ropes suspension system. Instead every hammock they sell includes a set of free tree straps. This ensures that the principle of Leave No Trace protection of the trees where you hang your hammock.
The straps are really gentle when properly placed around the tree so this is an excellent choice for green camping.
Many hammocks are quick to smell like mildew or chemicals if they get rained on, but Serac reviews often note that these hammocks dry quickly and don’t have any unpleasant odors. We think they are made with finer materials that don’t absorb moisture making them great for longer hiking trips when you know you’ll be exposed to the elements.
Other Serac Hammock reviews agree: the double XL is perfect for two. In fact, many have given up tent camping for good.
In fact, there are reviews on Amazon that call the Serac Double XL the worlds most comfortable hammock by people who sound like they’ve had a few hammocks in their days.
Serac Hammock Weight Limit
The weight limit for the Double XL we reviewed above is 500 pounds. This is more than enough for most camping couples to safely hang. Always check the weight limit, as other Serac Hammock Weight Limits are under 300 and may be dangerous for two campers.
Eno Vs Serac Hammock
Eno and Serac are two biggest hammock manufacturers and best sellers on Amazon, so it’s often asked which is best. Honestly, they are extremely similar but Serac is slightly better suited for the camper.
We recommend the Serac Hammock over the Eno models for their durability and accessories. They also are longer which allows for a more comfortable sleeping arrangement.
Are Straps and Carabiners Included with The Hammock?
Always check the Amazon listing, but in general Serac hammocks include necessary accessories like a strapping system and carabiners.
Check out Serac Hammock Reviews from actual buyers on Amazon here.
Do you worry that you will not be comfortable sleeping in an hammock? Are you looking for a hammock that you can setup easily and quickly? Serac Sequoia promises the WORLD'S MOST COMFORTABLE HAMMOCK which anyone can GET SETUP IN SECONDS!
- Strong and durable material - Diamondweave Ripstop Nylon fabric ensures a breathable hammock that’s incredibly soft, yet durable and lightweight.
- Very Spacious - world's most comfortable camping hammock sleeps two people easily
- Free tree straps with 10 anchor points - easy to use Tree hugger straps with 10 anchor points lets you control the height and slack for your perfect comfort.
- Attached Compression Sack - set of compression straps to pack down your hammock as much as possible
- Excellent customer service - Industry leading customer service providing 5 year Warranty, 30 Day 100% money back guarantee
- Straps could be longer - Some customers have used other straps, not because of the quality of them but they needed longer straps for their requirements
- Not waterproof - Like many hammocks in this price range you will need to invest in some extras if you want to use this hammock in all seasons. You may need to purchase a mosquito net, rainfly cover or tarp system depending on where you are going and what you are doing.